- Reduction in Freeze Drying Cycle Times
- Improved Production Throughput
- Improved Product Consistency and Yields
- Reduced Operating Costs
- Reduced Stress on Biological Materials
- Repeatable to Enhance QbD
- Scalable from Lab to Production
- Reduce Development Times to Days
- Eliminates Guess Work
- Automatic Cycle Execution
- Conservative or Aggressive Cycles
- Results Based on Actual Measurements, Not Approximate Calculations
- Use 1 Vial to a Full Batch
- Works for 100% of the Primary Drying Cycle
- Dynamically Controls Shelf Temp
- Automatic Detection of the End of Primary Drying and Advancement to Secondary Drying
- Auto-Dry Controls can be used on any size Freeze Dryer from Laboratory to Production
- One Year Free Software Upgrades
- Remote Monitoring and Support
FreezeBooster™ is a patent applied for technique to enable controlled nucleation during the freezing step of the freeze drying cycle.
During freeze drying, the freezing step is considered the foundation to a repeatable and efficient process. A good freezing process can produce a consistent product and enable faster primary and secondary drying cycles.
Freezing without controlled nucleation results in different crystal structures and inconsistent pore sizes in the product, resulting in longer primary drying cycles.
To produce a consistent crystal structure and pore size a method of control is required that will nucleate all of the product in the freeze dryer at the same temperature at the same time and at the same rate.
FreezeBooster™ includes a control system and simple system modifications to enable controlled nucleation. Unlike other techniques, FreezeBooster™ does not need high positive pressures which require expensive ASME rated pressure rated vessels. FreezeBooster™ has been demonstrated to work on systems as simple as laboratory style systems with clear acrylic doors and never produces a positive pressure.
Combining FreezeBooster™ with Millrocks’ Auto-Dry protocol optimization software can significantly reduce freeze drying times, resulting in a more efficient and repeatable freeze drying process.
Magnum™ Performance Specs
|Shelf Area (sq ft)||10sf-20sf|
|Shelf Size and Finish||12” x 24” , 316L, 20 Ra or better|
|Shelf Temperature Range||–70C to +65C|
|Shelf Temperature Uniformity||+/- 1 C|
|Shelf Cooling Rate||20C to –40C in less than 40 min|
|Condensing Rate||20L in 24 hours|
|Isolation Valve||6” Pneumatic|
|Compressors||Copeland Scroll, 3.5 and 2 HP|
|Vacuum Pull-Down||< 20 min to 100 mT|
|Vacuum Pump||375 LPM, Corrosion Resistant|
|Vacuum Control||Pirani w/Solenoid & Needle ValveProportional Control Option|
|Vacuum Sensors||Pirani andCapacitance Manometer|
|Vacuum Level||5 mT or less|
|Vacuum Leak Rate||< 30mT/hr|
|Product Sensors||16 Type-T|
|Trays—Removable Bottom||One per Shelf Included|
|Cabinet||46”W x 37”D x 80”H|
|Electrical||230V/60Hz or 200V/50Hz, 1PH|
|Model||Shelves||Areasq ft/sq m||Clearancein/mm|