FreezeBooster™ Nucleation Technology Benefits
- Reduction in Freeze Drying Cycle Times
- Improved Production Throughput
- Improved Product Consistency and Yields
- Reduced Operating Costs
- Reduced Stress on Biological Materials
- Repeatable to Enhance QbD
- Scalable from Lab to Production
- Eliminates Product Temperature ‘Droop’ Associated with High Pressure Nucleation
FreezeBooster™ Nucleation Technology Features
- Available on All Millrock Technology Protocol Development, Pilot and Production Freeze Dryers
- Retrofitable to any Freeze Dryer with an External Condenser and Isolation Valve
- Works on both Non-SIP and SIP Style Systems
- Does Not Require a Pressure Rated Vessel or Positive Pressures
- Maintains Sterility Envelope
- Low Cost
During freeze drying, the freezing step is considered the foundation to a repeatable and efficient process. A good freezing process can produce a consistent product and enable faster primary and secondary drying cycles.
Freezing without controlled nucleation results in different crystal structures and inconsistent pore sizes in the product, resulting in longer primary drying cycles.
To produce a consistent crystal structure and pore size a method of control is required that will nucleate all of the product in the freeze dryer at the same temperature at the same time and at the same rate.
FreezeBooster™ Nucleation Technology is a patent applied for technique to enable controlled nucleation during the freezing step of the freeze drying cycle.
FreezeBooster™ Nucleation Technology includes a control system and simple system modifications to enable controlled nucleation. Unlike other techniques, FreezeBooster™ Nucleation Technology does not need high positive pressures which require expensive ASME rated pressure rated vessels. FreezeBooster™ Nucleation Technology has been demonstrated to work on systems as simple as laboratory style systems with clear acrylic doors and never produces a positive pressure.
Combining FreezeBooster™ Nucleation Technology with Millrock’s Auto-Dry protocol optimization software can significantly reduce freeze drying times, resulting in a more efficient and repeatable freeze drying process.